How was this time? Today, I´m going to show you my new
project. Taking into advance of the last World Book Day (23th of
April) our TIC teacher María Jesús told us to make a video about our favourite
book. I claim that this is a very interesting task, since through seeing our
classmates ‘projects, we can know new books which could be interesting for us.
I always agree with sharing experiences and recommend things, since maybe we
don´t like the same things that our classmates like to, but perhaps we coincide
and it helps us to discover an unknown world!
Well, the first thing I have made is to choose the book, my
favourite book. I have chosen Matilda, written by Roald Dahl in 1988 and
originally illustrated by Quentin Blake. I have read Matilda several times
since I was 14 and I still love it! It is very fun and it has lots of
adventures, which I consider indispensable in a book. Have you ever hear about
it? Matilda is a girl of unusual precocity who loves reading, but their parents
don´t want her to do it, so they mistreat her. Matilda discovers the public
library and she spends all the evenings reading lots of different books there.
She meets the teacher Miss Honey, who is ill-treated by her uncle, the
headmaster Miss Trunchbul, and she is stunned by Matilda's intellectual
abilities. As I said in the video, I am not going to tell you more about the
story, you will have to read the book! I also have to say that there is a film
about Matilda´s story and it is incredible too! I also have saw it several
times and I also recommend you to see it. I believe that Matilda is the perfect
book for that project because it can encourage people to read, since it is the
favourite hobby of the young girl, and it also teach different values such as
empathy and friendly.
Secondly, I created an infographic using Piktochart,
regarding the book I have chosen. In this case, the best option was to make a
poster. In that poster, I have included the front cover of the book, a phrase
said by Matilda which I love the most, a title and the date of the World Book
Day, and some slogans (in order to catch people´s attention). It is very easy
to use Piktochart, since you only have to choose the background and add the
icons, images and text you want. You can visit the post I wrote some days ago
about Piktochart to obtain more information about it.
Here, you can see my infographic:
Later, I had an idea! I wanted to use Matilda´s images to the main character of my video too, and I thought: How can I do that? Following my partner Ana´s recommendations, I used Blabberize to create a mouth in Matilda´s images and add my voice answering the following questions:
Later, I had an idea! I wanted to use Matilda´s images to the main character of my video too, and I thought: How can I do that? Following my partner Ana´s recommendations, I used Blabberize to create a mouth in Matilda´s images and add my voice answering the following questions:
- 1What features define you as a reader?
- 2What type of books you read?
- 3What is your favourite book and why do you recommend it?
It was very, very easy! I only had to upload the image, move
the courses to place them on Matilda´s mouth and upload then the audio. And it
was all! However, I had some problems because I only could download it as a
Power Point Presentation, so I asked my classmate Álvaro (which is a machine!)
and he helped me to convert the mpg file into an mp4 file. He told me that he
used Xilisoft to do it.
Later, I used the program Aurasma to join the poster and the
video. First of all, I had to download it into my mobile phone and I created my
personal account (follow me as c.risueno). Then, I use my computer to create the Aurasma; I uploaded the
poster, then the video (mp4 file) and I saved the results. Later, I used my
Aurasma app (mobile phone) to scan the image from my computer and… Wow! The
video could be seen very real in my mobile phone´s screen!! I have never used a
program like this! I shared the poster as a new pin in the board that the
teacher has created in Pinterest, which my other classmates´ projects. We had
made a specific board since it is easier to find them which is called A Wallof Books.
Remember that you can visit all my projects and the programs
by clicking on them. See you very soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment