Hello ladies and gentlemen!
How are you? I´m very happy because I have
started a new challenge which enthusiasms me! Our teacher María Jesús asked us to make a
prototype of our own CLIL eProject and I would like to share with you my
experience.
The first thing María Jesús told us was “It´s
just a prototype. You didn´t put it into practice, so you might elaborate it
very short. You´re looking for being realistic”.
Well… The first task was to define the
topic of my eProject. Due to the fact that I was doing my school internship at
the same time we did it, I thought that I could take advantage of it. I decided
to choose the Social Science topic which I was teaching to my pupils in CEIP CarmenLaforet: The Solar System. I consider this topic very interesting for children
and very abstract at the same time, because it is something that they cannot
touch or see through a screen.
Once I have chosen the topic, I started to
think what program I will use in order to create the video-presentation. My
final choice was Buncee since I have used in the past others like Prezi,
Genially and Powtoon and I would like to know another one.
Buncee is very easy to use. You only have
to create an account (if you didn´t have one yet) and click on create new!
Then, you will see have to enter your Buncee Tittle and begin by adding your
first item and choosing the background of your slide (you also can choose if
you want the same background in all the slides or one different for each one). The program gives you some backgrounds but you can also look for others.
In the program, an item can be some text, an image, an animation, a Youtube
video, a web page, a sticker, a QR Code… You have multiple options. Finally you
click on download or share and you have your slideshow wherever you want! It´s
fantastic!
From my experience by using Buncee, I have
to highlight some advantages and disadvantages:
· The images are really fantastic! You
can adapt their size and move them wherever you want!
·
The colour and
type of letter can be changed as you want and It´s pretty easy to use!
·
I also like
that you have the option to add audio support, which means a voice which reads
all that you have written on the slides.
·
Another thing
I liked a lot is that the program save your job automatically so you don´t have
to be worried about loosing it.
·
Furthermore,
you can download the slideshow and share it with the Social Network that you
want.
·
A disadvantage
I found it is that I couldn´t add my voice to the slideshow using this program,
so I had to use another one.
·
Finally, I
couldn´t download the slideshow as a video, so I had to use also another
program to do it.
On the other hand, I have included the web
tools Jigsaw, Powtoon, Pixton and Pinterest in the prototype of my eProject,
since I know them and I think all of them are easy to use for children from
that age (6-7 years) [You will see what to do with this web tools in te prototipe of my eProject]. I also claimed that the artefacts that they can create
with these web tools are very attractive and they motivate them to learn more
and more about the topic and ICTs.
Once I had the slideshow finished, I used
aTube Catcher 2014 to record my screen and become my Buncee work into a video. I also
added my voice explaining the eProject and a background music (but I had some
problems with it and currently, it sounds more as a noise). So that, I include
the video here, because I think it can help you to get into character!
Furthermore, after recording the slideshow
with my voice and the (failed) background music, I wasn´t able to cut the video
using aTube Catcher 2014. My boyfriend recommended me using Movie Maker 2012, so I was
brave and I encouraged myself to prove other different tool (and there were
three). But… what a nice surprise! Movie Maker 2012 was free and really, really easy
to use, I could choose the language and I could cut the video spending only
five minutes of my life (that is important, since I don´t have so much time to
waste now). I dragged my video made up with aTube Catcher 2014 to the Movie Maker 2012
window and I moved the cursor where I want my video to finish. Just a tip: due
to the fact that I wanted to share my video to Youtube, I had to save it in my
computer as a film (not as a project as I did at the very beginning).
And that´s all! I had the prototype of my
eProject finished! Do you want to see it?
Ouch… Before it slips my mind! In order to
give you more information about the eProject, I did also a writing,
where you can have access to more specific aspects as the objectives, the
content, the evaluation...
I hope you enjoy them! See you soon!
via GIPHY
No comments:
Post a Comment